Last year’s inaugural Homebrew For Hunger festival was a huge success thanks to the many local homebrewers like you who came out to share your knowledge and your beer! We had 47 homebrewers who brewed 56 unique beers & 3 area craft brewers served 7 different beers. We would love to have you again this year, it would be the perfect opportunity to showcase any improvements you have made since last year’s festival.
This event is a celebration of the growing interest in craft and artisan brewing in North Carolina and more specifically the role that home brewers are playing in promoting an understanding of craft beer and the processes and ingredients involved in its production. We hope to culture an environment in which local home brewers and the public can have an enjoyable and educational experience all to the benefit of a local charity. Without the involvement and support of our local home brewers we would not be able to hold this event and we thank you. We encourage brewers to sign up as soon as possible as table space will be limited but to please make sure that you are able to attend before you sign up as we want to ensure that we have the maximum number of brewers there.
What you Give
- Registered home brewers must bring a minimum of 5 total gallons to participate. You are encouraged to bring multiple batches, but you must bring at least 2.5 gallons of anything you wish to enter into the contest
- You must bring your own means of dispensing your beer (bottles, CO2, etc.).
- You should bring coolers, slop buckets, and anything you might need to maintain your station.
What you Get
- Free festival admission
- A 25% discount on up to $50 worth of ingredients from Fifth Season Gardening Company (must be redeemed before the festival)
- A table and access to ice
- Free refreshments
- Guaranteed volunteer time so that you may leave your table and enjoy the festival
- An opportunity to make a positive difference!